
The Lone Star Quilt is one that I put together more than 20 years ago and it still looks brand new. I did this one when I was living in Queensland and it was the first ever quilting group that I joined. When I moved down here, I joined the local group, but since returning to work I have had to leave the group for want of time. When I have a spare minute or so I will do a close up pic detailing the quilting stitches and the pattern on black. I doubt now whether I can get my stitches to look so even as I find it difficult to manouvre a very fine needle, and I have a suspicion that these bumpy scary joints on my fingers may be a bit of arthritis creeping in.
The garden stake is supporting a young rose that Boots' mother gave me when I was having a bad time grieving for my Pepper. In the space of a fortnight, two gorgeous white roses have flowered. Pansies, I love pansies and I must plant more next season especially in mauves and blues. Our spring weather has been lovely, truly lovely, just enough warmth and just enough rain. We have been abundantly blessed!
1 comment:
I tried to post last week and your blog said I wasn't a team player!! Your quilt is so lovely. I think you are soooo clever!!! Vundy and Tori's roses have been blooming too, over the last few weeks. It makes me very happy to see them!!!
Post a Comment