Sunday, 16 July 2006

Memo

To: The F O O (Finance Outreach Officer aka the SEO)
From: The F O O A A (Finance Outreach Officer's Administrative Assistant ie moi)

Some points to note while you have been absent from your post:

· Cathee did relief, I can’t remember which day, so I’ve paid her twice. She deserves it. Would this cause a problem for The Dept Edu?


· The fire truck has been visiting every day.
Thursday’s visit was very quick as you can see
from the first pic….. see it’s nearly gone.
Friday’s visit they parked for a while, its starting
to become a real social occasion; we let Aimee
sit in the fire truck. And then we all had turns in making the ladder 'go up and down'.


· We seem to have an over-abundance of ‘feature wall Red’ paint. It has been decided that the your office, an Assistant Principal (A-MG) and the Principal's office will be painted in feature wall Red; ALL the walls. Get used to it. Mandy will have a different colour because feature wall red will clash with her delicate pink coloured attire; she will probably settle for a pale purply hue with a hint of sparkly glitter to compliment pink.

· After an inspection of the new office space, it was found that the benches are waaaaaay tooooooo high. To address this ‘short’ anomaly, the floor will be built at a higher level like they have in pharmacies and then all will be well for the FOOAA.

· The FOOAA has announced a new addition to the family but has failed to receive the $4000 from Centrelink. Toby is not recognised as being a family member. She will try again, she is not too old to fall pregnant (although he has had a cut and shut, we'll have to think of a way around it). Since Toby is so well behaved, Glen the foreman said that he will ask the cabinet makers to make a special little home for him in the new office. They will make a special little something for your moggie, Mollie, too if you so wish. We can also have a large fish tank in the foyer. Fish tanks are deemed to be a very calming distraction while waiting for the Principal. We will organise a roster so that we all have a turn in feeding the fish and cleaning out the tank; but this should not consume any of our 'break' time.

. The FART (Fast Action Response Team aka School Attendants) have done a marvellous job in cleaning the new multi purpose hall. I have organised a pay rise for those hard working folk. They worked like trojans. Would you mind informing the Budget Committee at its next meeting? I'm confident that our finances will stretch just this little bit further.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me laugh!! How funny!! I think you should be in charge!! Of everything, all the time, especially trips up and down and around in the fire engine!!!
Poor Toby, there is no justice at Centre link - it was an immaculate adoption I think you'll find!!!!
Hope you gave yourself a payrise, as you are going UP in the office!!!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Rosie, Rosie, Rosie,

I laughed and laughed. I am Admin for a non-profit television station. It's nuts, it's absurd, but I wouldn't trade my job for all the tea in China.

Every day is a new adventure, and I can't wait to get there in the morning!