Friday, 11 August 2006

Life sucks

Sometimes I think that life just sucks. Earlier this week an aquaintance died of leukemia, and she was only young. The eldest children, twins, would be my son, John's, age. I knew she was not well, but to see the notice in the paper was still a shock. And to finish the week, my husband's sister was diagnosed with two tumours and is riddled with cancer elsewhere, her prognosis is not good.

At work, I was a sympathetic ear and a shoulder to cry on for two teachers.

But still, at the end of the day, I still have a roof over my head, and a little dog that yaps excitedly when my car pulls into the driveway. What better feeling can one experience than that? I think that every household should have a dog, they are so accepting and non-judgemental. At night when the household settles down after tea, Toby sits on my lap, and sometimes we try and sort out the politics and the religion of the troublespots of the world. Toby doesn't have an answer, neither do I.

2 comments:

Debra said...

I agree that life can suck, then you pet your dog and all seems better.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it sad? I taught the twins in Grades 3, 4 and 5 at various times and have been friends with the family since then. It was a sad funeral, but we did celebrate her life!! Lucky to have known her!!
Yes!! Every home needs a dog!! The Labradors are such good companions-I am glad you have Toby now!!!!! You need him to balance up the sad parts oof your life : He is the Happy Part!!