Thursday, 25 January 2007

I saw it!


I saw it on Monday night! I happen to take Tobes out for a pit stop before retiring for the evening, about 9.50 pm, my niece was watching West Wing (strange tv show, no wonder the tv is called the 'idiot box'), and there up in the heavens was The Comet! In my own backyard! http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21039889-662,00.html


I was so EXCITED, I dragged the young folk out to gaze in wonder and awe!


I can now say that in my life time, so far, I have seen a comet. No need to go out and about at sunset, its usually still cloudy and hazy, and anyway it is still daylight until 9.00 pm! Thats what I call REAL daylight saving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fantastic!! I saw it last night and the tail was like a big fan: Halley's was such a fizzer but this was so great, just like I imagine people saw in the olden days!!!
I love West Wing!! I save it up and watch 4 or 6 episodes at once!!! I am an idiot!!
Yes, chokos. I have never had one or grown one, but friends from the mainland who live here nowm and books and the ABC have all educated me about chokos!!!
Hope you are having a good holiday, or are you back at work???