
I was just passing by, so I thought I would pop in to THAT fabric shop. But this was many weeks ago, forgotten the approximate time, just many weeks ago. (The next time I pass by THAT pharmacy I will seek some memory enhancing medication, the last lot didn't work because I forgot to take it consistently). I bought some funky fabric (pic, above left), maybe to make a spring jacket? I love all the bright colours, it makes me look forward to spring! I've put it away in my stash for now.

I was actually looking for 100% wool fabric for a tailoring workshop in which I will be participating in October. Nothing there ..... cheap blends and nasty colours. I cyberspaced and found some in Melbourne. A wool/cashmere blend...... NICE....... VERY VERY NICE! It cost me an arm and a leg but one would expect that sort of price for this quality fabric. I am pleased with my purchase. The next step is to cut out my pattern to fit; which brings me to my next pic, above right. Let me introduce you to .... (drum roll please .... ta da!) ....my other me. Now I can't show you the front because it is kinder, much kinder to show you the naked rear. And what a rear it is! We went to a cloning day, and cloned me, so this is My Other Me. Sometimes we sit at the table together, she is headless at the moment so I have to use my imagination. We favour much the same type of foods. Read the same type of books, skip through the morning newspaper because the print is getting a tad small. (Spectacles ordered, but thats another blog). We do everything together except take Tobes for a walk because My Other Me has no legs, she's just a torso. We have no arguments, we agree with each other, makes a harmonious home. In fact, having a conversation with My Other Me is far more enlightening than having one with my Other Half. Everyone should have their own other them. I highly recommend it!
No comments:
Post a Comment