Tuesday, 28 August 2007

The Idiot Box and Other Things

Next week is the last week of school term. can’t wait really. its been such a long second term and lots of people around the school are coughing and farting that I, too, am recovering from a bout of bronchitis, a real nasty dose of bronchitis too. I haven’t been sick since I had my appendix out a couple of years ago. but I’m on the mend with two lots of antibiotics.

Miss Madam is off to see Powderfinger and Silverchair next month in Hobart. dunno what they’re like. doesn’t sound interesting to me but they must be very popular with kids. don’t think its son's genre of music though because he’s not at all excited about their forthcoming tour. Madam went to see John Butler Trio when they were in town as well.

As for me, I’m off to see Sir Elton John in December. This is a real treat because big stars like himself don’t travel as far south as this! My first ever concert was a John Denver concert in Sydney, an open air one too. I remember him singing "aye, Calypso, the places you've been to ....." and I especially liked the yodel bit!!!!! Yep I still sing along with this one and try my best at the yodelling. My kids think i'm a dag. "oh Mum!" they start. But then Toby looks at me and although he doesn't know the right yodel words, starts yowling right over the top of my voice. I think he wants to sing the lead, and lets me follow with the chorus.


Something is wrong with our idiot box. the power dimmed at tea time and the tv went snowy. then it righted itself and all other channels were back on air except our local Southern Cross channell…… and that’s the one that airs the Idol show. This is such a stooooopud show. I’ve never seen such a heap of WANNABEES and NEVERBEES trying to be SOMEBODEEEES. dumb eh? but Madam likes it but she’s stomped off to bed now because this channel hasn’t come back on air. I’ve a suspicion that it may be the tv? All other channels have come back on except this one.

They say things happen in threes …..
1) the element in the stove blew up last weekend and someone is coming tomorrow to install the replacement…..
2) Peter noticed that the fridge seal has a tear, so that needs attention …..
3) and now the idiot box?
Hmmm we will wait and see and not tempt fate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better in time for some holiday fun!!! You poor thing!!
You and me and Elton!! I might see you there!!!
Your Idiot Box is not broken. The power was zapping half on and off all over town. (It was still on the digital channel but I didn't tape it!!) I thought my DVD recorder was playing up too, just like your TV, but it should all be fine now, apart from Idull!!!