Email from my brother: did you like the way sydney behaved in front of the 22 world leaders over the weekend??? and a special holiday only for us the sydney people.
My reply: Yes, I saw tv footage of lots and lots of policemen doing their duty. I saw lots and lots of protesters protesting about I dunno what but they said that they got their message across, whatever it was. I liked the fireworks the best, a whole 10 seconds on the end of the 6.30 news. It was worth watching the 6.30 edition just to catch a glimpse of the fireworks. I wish we had fireworks everynight. Does that come out of my taxes too? or are the Sydneysiders paying?
why did you get a special holiday? a proclamation from John Howard? and why didn't we get the holiday in Tasmania?
we deserve it, just think of the shit that we Taswegians have to deal with the State Government. Our hospital is terribly underfunded, I hope yours truly doesn't have to go to the emergency section, I could die in there waiting for a bed! The ambulance is set to charge 'user pays' for a trip in their emergency response vehicle, just over $900 or so. Wouldn't it be more sensible to levy everyone and not just user pays? There is no oncologist for the cancer patients. And when you're sick you don't want to have to travel to Hobart and bear the burden of extra travel fares. The Edu Dept wants all grade 10s to stay at school until the end of Term 3 like the rest of us. Who wants to babysit them? By the time they reach Gr 10, believe me, they've had enough!! And another thing ......the Pulp Mill stinks; I surely will end up dying in hospital from respiratory failure and a lack of a bed! And the fairy penguins will die as a result of their food chain being subjected to the pulp mill effluent. Our island should not be called 'Tasmania' anymore, 'Gunnsmania' is more the appropriate name.
Honestly, we really do not need to have a State Government. They've stuffed everything!
Well I think I've had enough standing on my soapbox for now .... Toby is looking at me, waiting expectantly for the words, 'Walk? Tobe?'. Yeah, lets go walkies, its a lovely day, too nice to be thinking of things unreasonable in this world.
Tuesday, 11 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Absolutely. No hospital, no ambulance, but we get a Pulp Mill. I am really cross that Ivan Dean, Michelle O'Byrne and Jim Cox, who are our representatives, have all sold us down the river, so to speak, for a pulp mill. Why aren't they standing up for our rights?? And how about Lara?? Saying the $20 million would come to us and then saying, basically, she lied at the rally in the heat of the moment??? Democracy is NOT WORKING. I agree though, a nice walk with a dog, a pat for them and a play, it makes me feel happy too. Toby, Harki and Peri could run the state better!!!!!!! Dr Who was so exciting I can hardly wait at all. Karen is in LURVE with David too. She will fight you for him!! The Labradors were eating yoghurt!!
Post a Comment