Monday, 14 April 2008

stuff and nonsense

Nothing stitched out properly yesterday. I felt that the whole afternoon was wasted, I was robbed of a couple of hours of embroidering. I threaded and re-threaded the top thread and likewise to the bobbin thread, changed needles, and gave up to find something from the pantry to feed the family. She was a tin can cook last night!

I popped in to see Gabbi this afternoon and she sew helpfully gave me some tips. Sew I threaded and re-threaded once again and lo and behold I found a huge bit of cotton stuck in between the top thread tension discs. Ta da! drum roll and huge applause here. I'm sure this is the problem. Well I felt as though i've won lotto. We'll give it a go tomorrow night to see if a design stitches evenly.

I just hate it when machines do not run smoothly. A picture of my design shortly ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're doing, but I had a warning message come up before I got to your blog saying your blog may be objectionable, and did I want to continue? Now I feel rather wicked!! Nude pictures of Toby, maybe???!!!
Well done with the problem solving!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rosie said...

It took me a long time to work out how to modify the warning message, because I don't have adult content blogs! No nude pics of Toby, just a well groomed little dog.