Monday, 21 July 2008

Rita says ......"Yes... I remember

Yes, I remember Nanna's 'draw under the bed' full of wool. I think that possibly she didn't like to 'run out' and so kept her draw topped up. Or maybe wool was cheap in those days, it certainly isn't now, is it?



I have a hoard of buttons, but its not a collection. They are mostly shirt buttons, the economic side of myself tells me that I must remove the buttons before throwing the shirt out or before using it as a cleaning rag. Some wag gave me all the buttons that are still attached to the card .... there is a story, but its not to be told in this blog tonight. Husband has jars full of screws and nails. I find this absurd, really. If ever he needs a nail or a screw, just one, mind you, the jars are upended and he carefully picks through the metal until he finds just the one he needs...... which is not too often, and so a trip to the hardware shop is inevitable. Now don't compare the reason why I have a hoard of buttons and he has a stash of nails and screws. That is point scoring.

And so what's the update on the patient, Rose?

No comments: