Well bloggers, my 20yr old son has moved out.
Some advantages:
. The food consumption has reduced.
. The noise level has decreased.
. Laundry is remarkable less.
. Internet usage is down, although daughter has started to take up the slack.
. No more relaying to the bathroom to use the shower on a work morning.
. Likewise, no more last minute ironing, 'have ya got a shirt to wear, John?'
. And indeed, no more shuffling of cars from the garage/driveway on said work morning.
. Husband is a tad less grumpy, only a tad.
. At least he comes to visit, even if it is to have an evening meal.
. I now have a spare room.
Disadvantages:
. He is contributing to an investor's mortgage by paying rent.
. No more the sound of the gentle lilt of the guitar or the rhythmic sound of chords changing or even his accompanying voice raised in joyful song; in tune/out of tune - it doesn't matter.
. The 'good' computer, which acted as 'the server' has gone, and we only have this crappy one that does not have a cd/dvd burner. It is 'no way' capable of streaming music for madam.
. Mum has to watch West Wing very carefully all by herself so she can follow the 'walk'n'talk' type of tv programme.
. Mum still cooks for 4, just in case he pops in, and then there's always leftovers.
. Mum's not there to make him a milo before retiring for the evening. Ya think that he makes it himself?????
. Mum has to learn to be treasurer (and 'do the books') all by herself for the northern schools clerical assocn. ('what do I do after I mark these transactions with a tick, John?')
oooOooo
You know, once the kids leave home, they don't often come back........I miss him so.
Tuesday, 10 April 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How lovely to see you today!! That's what a good parent does: brings up their child to be indepepdent and a worthwhile part of society, and then they don't need you so much anymore!! I love West Wing and I'm so sad there are only 2 Saturdays left. Karen and I are watchig the last 2 episodes together!!!
The lovely Cin, you always know the right things to say when I'm feeling not my happy self.
Yes I do miss my John.
Post a Comment