Monday, 9 April 2007

Some sad news

Some very disheartening news .....

I took Toby to the vet last Saturday for his immunisation and health check. Hmmmm he played up terribly and Dr Tim had to put a little muzzle on him. A fortnight before we were visiting as Toby had a very sore lower back and wasn't moving too well. This is all ok now. He was on his best behaviour with Dr Malcolm. Exemplary behaviour. I am at a loss to understand his odd behaviour AND he barked and challenged every other dog in the waiting room.

Long story short, Toby has a heart murmur (mermur, mermer???), you know what I mean even if I have spelt it incorrect. He explained in detail what is not working properly with Toby's heart. He said it was not uncommon with this breed of dog and also King Charles Cavalier Spaniels. I am so heart broken, it has put a grey cloud over my Easter break. My lovely little Toby, my little heartbeat at my heels.

But, it isn't a problem at the moment, symptoms have not presented so far. Dr Tim didn't give me any time frame..... he just said 'it may be a problem next week, or in a couple of years' time'. In the meantime I will just enjoy every possible moment with Toby, he is my joy and sunshine!


Here's a pic of Toby, I like the way the breeze has gently picked up his ear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr Malcolm and Dr Tim will be the best ever Doctors for Toby!! Toby is so lucky to have you as his human companion. He will be so loved and so treasured!!! He looks very spiffy in the photo!! Be very happy: I know you will enjoy every day with hime, just as I do with harki and Peri!!!!