Monday, 7 January 2008

Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

He's there somewhere on stage, Elton John, that is. Great performer, enjoyed every minute. I'm pleased I went; not often does someone of this calibre visit little ol' Tassie. This is a sample of the crowd. There certainly was plenty of grog to be bought and consumed; and by judging from the crowd, there seems to be no etiquette when it comes to outdoor performances. After the first 5 or 6 songs, as if on cue, many moved out of their seats and started walking towards the entrance. I was wondering where they were all going, until my lightbulb started flashing! Go void then buy more grog, a funny cycle. It would piss me right off if I was performing and everyone started moving about.



School has finished for another year. I have enrolled next year's kindies and I've figured that by the year 2015 these kindies will be in grade 6, their last year of primary school and ...... I will be not quite retiring age. Shit! will I make it?



The end of year assembly is always the highlight of the year. I like seeing students being acknowledged on stage for their efforts, and I also like the photostory at the end ..... seeing pictures of the grade 6s as they were in kindy in the year 2000 and then seeing how they've grown and matured by their current photo. Its a bit sad seeing the grade 6s leave, but hell! we don't want them to stay, do we?



This is my secret santa present. My first ever project using the
embroidery machine. This was a lot of fun.







Christmas. I found the Christmas tree, a little 80cm fibre optic tree.... cute..... I put up crappy chistmas decorations. Christmas came. It went. I anticipated Santa leaving lots of pressies, because I have been good this year. In fact, I could not fault myself! Is anyone else in the same position as myself? This is one of my pressies... its a knitting book called Posh Pooches. It comes with its own knitting needles with little dogs on the top.


Toby will be stepping out in warmth

and style this winter!










I've made a batch of plum jam, but gave it all back from whence the plums came. Its no good hoarding here, no one will eat it except myself, and we are still eating our way through the strawberry jam from last year. Well thats just about caught you up. I have another 3andahalf weeks left of school holidays. Doesn't sound like much, does it? And I know it will go very quickly.


Here's a pic of Toby. A 'before' photo, as he is off to WagsnTails
next week for a summer style and trim. I will post an 'after' photo next week.












2 comments:

2paw said...

Yes, weren't people rude?? I felt like I should have stood out the front at the start and reminded them how to behave. Perhaps they thought they were at the football, or at home?? Elton was wonderful though, I really had to pinch myself!!!
Lovely apron!!! You are very clever!!
I hope Toby is feeling cooler and lighter by now. He will enjoy having you at home so you can spoil him!!!
Happy Holidays. It is going to be hot again, but I have really enjoyed the couple of days respite!!!

2paw said...

Dear Lovely Rosie, I am hoping that Toby is well and you are all feeling better!!
Love Cindy, Harki and Peri