Yes, the patient is home now. He has had enough in hospital, he was getting irritable and obnoxious. I had everything ready for his homecoming - all equipment in place to make life easier. The OT has even organised a temporary ramp so that I can get the wheel chair up the back steps.
The Social Worker organised an appointment with the Centrelink person at the hospital. The Palliative Care co-ordinator has organised other things for us to use at home too. She will come and visit us at home next Tuesday. I am completely overwhelmed by all these services who have come to our aid. Goodness gracious, we even have this wheelchair disability thingy that you hang onto the rear view mirror - which we have yet to test its worthiness! The pathology person is visiting tomorrow to take some blood - how wonderful to do a home visit!
I have taken leave from work this term. At times I have felt anxious in what lies ahead; nervous because I must speak of things that are difficult for him to answer, and yet I know that He Who Knows All Things will guide the way for me.
Wednesday, 24 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment