Wednesday, 1 October 2008

The Patient at Home

22 Dec 2008: I found this blog in a draft stage, written in October 2008:

He is comfortable at home and as long as I keep the medication going then everything is ok. This is not a wheelchair friendly home and to get to the bathroom and onto the loo is a logistical nightmare. His mobility is not good so pivoting and turning requires a strategy well planned in advance. We have a swivel seat that sits over the bathtub and have changed the tap to a handheld spray nozzle. There are bits and pieces of equipment kindly loaned to help make life easier.


We've only had one fall, where we missed transferring from the dining chair to the wheel chair, fortunately I had daughter and darhhhling boyfriend to help me get him back into the wheelchair.



I started knitting this scarf while the patient was in hospital last month. I used Cleckheaton's Vintage Twist (an easy knitting project downloaded from Sew Inspirational) 100% pure wool. It says to use no. 5 needles, but I found no. 4 needles gave me the correct tension. I just love the way the colours 'works itself out'.




And here's Toby! He just loves myself being at home!





Its a dog-friendly house, towels and sheets cover the furniture to accommodate the comfort of Toby's wellbeing!

No comments: